Communication, arousal and problematic behaviours workshop med Craig Ogilvie, kl. 10-17. Ledige observatørplasser
Handlers and spectators will further develop their knowledge on
understanding, overcoming and preventing problematic behaviours that our dogs perform during periods of arousal. We will focus on the communications behind the behaviours and the practical steps that we can take to help the dogs in our care.
Both handlers and spectators will work through an extremely
informative and interactive work book guided by Craig. This covers a practical acronym based, step by step guide to follow when analysing and working towards overcoming problematic behaviours. We will learn how to avoid labelling the dogs in your care by dissecting problematic behaviours into separate influencing components which will allow you to develop and implement an effective plan to work towards overcoming the behaviours.
Handlers will then begin to put the theory in to practice by working
with Craig to lay some solid foundations which will allow you to work with your dog towards overcoming the problematic behaviour that the dog in your care is displaying. A practical guide that will continue to help you to efficiently evaluate and work towards overcoming problematic behaviours to improve the lives of both the dogs in your care and your students alike.
It would be great if the handlers that would like to take part in the
workshop, could send over problem behaviours they are experiencing before they pay and confirm their space on the workshop.
– Learn how to dissect the problematic behaviours that our dogs engage in during states of arousal in to separate influencing components and develop an effective development plan to work towards overcoming them.
– Recognise the communications behind problematic behaviours.
– Overcome dog sport training and working dog training specific
– Learn how to avoid over-arousal and improve learning experiences by altering antecedent arrangements and managing influencing factors.
– Implement practical efficient calming techniques to improve the day to day lives of the dogs and owners in your care.
– Understand the importance a positive reinforcers and their role in
overcoming problematic behaviours
– Become skilled in recognising the considerations to make for
successful learning to take place
– Benefit from the ability to recognise the influence that handler
behaviours and emotions has on problematic behaviours and how to adjust these factors to change behaviours
– Use structured patterns to create predictability and consistency to
– Develop the ability implement techniques that will include positive
reinforcement, operant conditioning, classical conditioning, counter
conditioning, differential reinforcement of incompatible behaviours
Ved spm. ta kontakt med Anita, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ingen kategorier